Day 1 :
- There are more than 500 million monthly active Windows 10 devices
- Microsoft gets ambitious with Cosmos DB. It is a more robust successor to Microsoft’s Document DB and will solve problems like index free data and persistent reads and writes.
- After much anticipation Microsoft has finally released Visual Studio as a mac native app. Under its new CEO Satya Nadella has embraced a new platform independent strategy to go where its customers are.
- And developers loved this announcement, Microsoft Azure cloud gets its very own full cloud based bash-shell.
- It also announced official support of PostgreSQL and MySQL with launching PostgreSQL as service and MySQL as service.
- Company also launched couple of AI services such as batch training of cognitive models etc.
Day 2 :
- Microsoft blurs the line between desktop and cloud with OneDrive update.the company introduced a new feature for the company’s cloud storage service OneDrive that will allow you to access your files without using up device storage. Called “Files On-Demand,” the feature will roll out along with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and will give users more control over which files are stored locally versus in the cloud.
- Microsoft takes on material design with launch of its Fluent Design.
- Microsoft now let iOS developers deploy, test and run their apps directly from Windows.
- Another Apple embrace was launch of iTunes in Windows Store. Integration and working together of these two tech juggernauts is refreshing and reminds of the early days of personal computing.
- Microsoft has launched its own controllers for mixed reality and plans to launch HoloLens in China this year.