Catch has built the first portable benefits platform offering tax withholding, retirement, and health insurance for those without access to employer-sponsored benefits. More than 57M Americans work freelance, part-time, contract, or non-traditional jobs that make it difficult to build wealth and protect against emergency.
Our tech-first approach makes it easy to create an automated paycheck setting aside for savings, investing for the future, and managing health insurance no matter how many different income sources exist, or how frequently income is received. We serve people — not businesses — and arm them with the ability to build a custom and flexible safety net for their family.
Join the Catch backend engineering team and build an innovative platform that manages and automates the most important thing for people to get right– their safety net. We're looking for driven and mission-forward engineers to help us reimagine the tax, retirement, and health insurance systems in the U.S. to be simple, modern, and integrated.
- Design, build, and support the core financial for the Catch platform
- Partner closely with product managers, designers, engineers, and business leads to define the roadmap by thoroughly understanding customers’ needs
- Build incrementally and deploy daily
- Have autonomy to research and achieve outcomes
- Creatively solve challenging technical problems at scale
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years working on complex systems and delivering quality software
- Experience building in some of the Catch stack: Python, GraphQL, Mongo, Postgres, and Go
- Experience in FinTech, payments, card issuance, ACH, or aspects of the financial stack
- Worked on systems where data consistency and availability is required
- Experience building insurance or brokerage products
- Natural curiosity to learn new technologies, solve interesting problems and build quality software
- Technical initiative and leadership on previous projects
- Python & Go
- Mongo & Postgres
- AWS (with Terraform)